FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVEEmployee InformationAs a Staunton City School employee, if you anticipate being absent for more than 3 days for personal or family illness, or for the delivery, adoption or foster placement of a child, please contact the Jonathan Venn, Director of Human Resources at 332-3920 or email@example.com to discuss your rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Additionally, please review the FMLA CHECKLIST (below) when applying for Family and Medical Leave.
Thirty days' notice is required for planned medical leave.
- You must apply for Family and Medical Leave if you are taking an extended medical leave for yourself or a family member AND if you wish to be covered under its protection.
- Make certain to forward the Certification of Health Care Provider for the Employee for the birth of a child or a serious illness OR the Certification of Health Care Provider for the Family Member for the serious illness of a family member. The employee is not to complete the form. The doctor must complete the form, sign it and return to you. Please return the completed form to the Human Resources Department.
- Ask your school/department secretary to notify Human Resources the first day you go out and the day your return to work.
- If you run out of sick leave, please call the Human Resources Department (332-3920) so you can arrange to continue paying your health insurance and any other voluntary deductions from your paycheck.
- It is your responsibility to always keep your principal or supervisor informed of your progress and when you plan to return to work.