Family engagement and involvement is crucial to your child's success. You know your child better than anyone and you have valuable information and advice!
Did you know that students with engaged families...
- Learn to read earlier and faster
- Exhibit faster rates of literacy acquisition
- Earn higher grades and test scores
- Enroll in higher level progresm
- Are promoted more and earn more credits
- Adapt better to school and attend school more regularly
- Have better social skills and behavior
- Are more likely to graduate and go on to higher education
What are four areas in which parents can influence their child's learning?
- Have conversations iwth your child about his/her values, dreams, goals, etc.
- Support what is being taught in the classroom at home
- Have a two-way conversation between parent and teacher
- Support learning at school
~ Information from the VDOE Family Engagement Conference
I would love to talk with you about how important you are to your child's educational success and strategies we can use to work together throughout the school year. Feel free to contact me!