K-5 Standards of Learning
The student will...
- Demonstrate competence in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities. (Motor Skill Development) Examples: sports skills, dance
- Apply knowledge of the structures and functions of the body and how they relate to and are affected by human movement to learning and developing motor skills and specialized movement forms. (Anatomical Basis of Movement) Examples: bones, muscles
- Achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of personal fitness. (Fitness Planning) Examples: push ups, running, stretching, curl ups
- Demonstrate the aptitude, attitude and skills to lead responsible, fulfilling and respectful lives. (Social Development) Examples: respect, personal space, safety
- Explain the importance of energy balance and nutritional needs of the body to maintain optimal health and prevent chronic disease. (Energy Balance) Examples: food groups, my plate
Last Modified on November 28, 2018