This course allows students to explore successful strategies for living independently. This is covered by actively participating in practical problem solving focusing on relating to others; applying financial literacy, managing resources in the areas of apparel, nutrition and wellness, and housing; using leadership skills to reach individual goals; planning for careers’ and making consumer choices in a global environment. We will be doing a lot of projects in this class after appropriate class time as been given it is the students responsibility to make up or complete projects on own time.
- Creating and Maintaining Healthy Relationships
- Managing Resources to Achieve Goals
- Investigating Career Development Opportunities
- Making Responsible Consumer Choices
- Managing Personal and Family Finance
- Creating and Maintaining a Living Environment
- Obtaining and Maintaining Clothing for Self and Family
- Planning, Preparing, and Serving Nutritious Foods
- Three ring binder or folder to keep course work.
- Spiral notebook or loose leaf paper
- Highlighter, pen, pencil