Room E29th, 10th, and 11th Grade EnglishEmail: email@example.comPhone: 540-332-3926
Schedule & Links to Google Classroom Resources
B1: English 10 with Wykes & Marino -- Google Classroom Code: bgdxjoy
B2: English 10 with Birkel-Keaton & Marino -- Google Classroom Code: txzpg45
B3: English 11 Honors with Marino -- Google Classroom Code: 5zvki2fB4: Planning
Important Files & Links
Block 1 English 10 Syllabus: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b95gTwlEAczJWNEbz7mrDipW0ejfvBybN1NCLfKwqlk/edit?usp=sharing
Block 2 English 10 Syllabus: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VQdanmKa0FlTQHm6EgpdM5gLbJjIVc0MU6KfqF-CywQ/edit?usp=sharing
Block 3 English 11 Honors Syllabus: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HRw4KQI-H-RTT6xIrj7xHMrHdCjF1Kycq5S0rVllqRw/edit?usp=sharing
Remote Learning Expectations & Procedures
Academic Expectations and Policies:
- Google Classroom- Google classroom will be updated daily and contains information related to homework assignments and classwork. Please make sure that you check this site each day in order to ensure that you have the most updated information.
- Essay and Project Submission- All written submissions will be submitted in Google Classroom.
- Academic Organizational System- Students will create and maintain an English 10 Portfolio in their Google Drive.
- Plagiarism - Cheating and plagiarism* are serious offenses. Cheating or plagiarizing on any school assignment or assessment will result in an automatic zero and appropriate disciplinary action. Please see the school policy for discipline measures resulting from academic dishonesty. *Any time you submit ideas, writings, or works from another source and present them as your own, you are guilty of plagiarism.
- Zoom - Students will be logged in to Zoom on synchronous days (Tues-Fri) no later than the start of class with video turned on and microphone muted. Students should unmute the microphone when contributing to class discussions, answering questions, etc. See graphic on Zoom expectations at the end of the syllabus.
Synchronous and Asynchronous Days
- Synchronous Days - Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursday, and Fridays will be synchronous, meaning the lesson will be presented live on Zoom (link in Google Classroom). All students are expected to be logged in by the start of class and to actively participate in learning.
- Asynchronous Days - Mondays will be asynchronous, meaning there will be no live video instruction and no need to log into Zoom. On these days, check Google Classroom for introductory assignments to complete on your own, work on any missing assignments, or email the teacher for help.
Behavioral Expectations and Policies
- Participation- Students will participate actively and meaningfully in class activities and discussions.
- Attendance Policy- Attendance will be taken each day of synchronous/online learning. Students are expected to attend ALL of their classes virtually (Tuesday-Friday).
- Electronic/ Mobile Devices and Earbuds/ Headphones- Upon entering the class, students should place their electronic devices away and out of sight. Personal mobile devices should remain away unless students are told to use them.
- Dress Code- Students are required to abide by the school’s dress code during class time.
- Classroom Rule- Students will show respect for themselves, others, and the learning environment.
- School-issued Chromebook & hotspot (or personal computer and internet access)
- Writing Utensil: Pens (Black or Blue ink only) and/or Pencils
- Loose-Leaf Paper (for taking notes, drawing organizers, etc.)
- Independent Reading Book (for when you finish early on synchronous days)
- 3-Ring Binder with Dividers (suggested for organization but not required)