Staunton High School Believes:
- All students can learn
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school
- Students need to apply their learning in meaningful contexts
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, and emotional and intellectual needs
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission
The mission of Staunton High School is to actively engage students in a challenging, diverse, and safe learning environment while emphasizing the skills necessary to be successful in our 21st century community.
We envision that Staunton High School will be a model for educational excellence that provides a challenging learning environment where students are encouraged to develop a sense of personal responsibility focused on academic, technological, and career-oriented learning.