We are creating a diverse and inclusive community in Staunton City Schools by looking at all aspects of the educational experience for our students.
The School Board’s 2017-2020 Strategic Plan lays out several actions the school division is taking to achieve educational equity, inclusion and diversity as follows:
- Provide training for staff related to inclusive practices, create equity teams, and connect with the community on topic of inclusivity. (VCIC)
- Incorporate Restorative Justice practices in school settings to create just and equitable learning environments, build and maintain healthy relationships, and transform conflict.
- Develop an Alternative to Suspension Program and other program offerings for students who thrive in different learning environments.
- Develop parent partnerships that advance their involvement in learning and social-emotional development for students.
- Explore and pursue opportunities for strategic collaboration with regional programs and services with institutions of higher learning and community organizations.
- Recruit and retain a diverse population of staff.