STAUNTON CITY SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
City Hall, 116 W. Beverley Street, Staunton
Monday, August 10, 2020
BOARD DEVELOPMENT SESSION School Board Conference Room 4:00 p.m.
Continued work with VCIC on SCS Equity Plan
WORK SESSION School Board Conference Room 5:00 p.m.
Closed Meeting to (i) review the division’s crisis, emergency management, and medical emergency response plans, pursuant to Virginia Code Section 2.2-3711(A)(19); (ii) consultation with the board’s legal counsel requiring the provision of legal advice by such counsel regarding a matter or matters that have been the subject of investigation and review about employee conduct and students that directly involve the disclosure of information contained in the scholastic records of a student or students in the division, pursuant to Virginia Code Sections 2.2-3711(A)(2) and 2.2-3711(A)(8); and (iii) consultation with the board’s legal counsel requiring the provision of legal advice by such counsel regarding several federal administrative proceedings, pursuant to Virginia Code Section 2.2-3711(A)(8).
Review of Calendar Considerations and Conference Opportunities
New Business/Unfinished Business
School Board Committee/Advisory Board Updates and Conference Reports
REGULAR MEETING Rita S. Wilson Council Chambers 6:00 p.m.
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
A. Report from Superintendent
1. Confirmation of Oaths of Office taken by Clerk and Deputy Clerk
B. Reports from School Board Members
V. UPDATES AND INFORMATION
A. Finance Update by Brad Wegner, Budget Director
B. Food Services Report by Amanda Warren, Director of Nutrition Services
VI. PUBLIC INPUT* Please see the Clerk to sign up to speak in person (2 minute limit per speaker) or phone in using the alternate public input procedures noted below. Participants are reminded that the public input/public hearing portions of the meeting are a time for the School Board simply to listen to your comments. The School Board will not respond to comments or answer questions during the public input/public hearing periods. No more than 30 minutes of agenda time will be allowed for the public input period. Comments from the audience will be entertained only during the established public input period. The remainder of the meeting is reserved for presentations to the School Board by members of the administration and staff.
VII. CONSENT AGENDA
A. Request Approval of Minutes of:
1. July 13, 2020 Work Session
2. July 13, 2020 Regular Meeting
3. July 22, 2020 Called Work Session
B. Request Approval of Personnel Actions
C. Request for Release from Compulsory Attendance
VIII. ACTION ITEMS
A. Request Approval of VPSA Reimbursement Resolution
by Tom Lundquist, Technology Director
ADJOURNMENT OF REGULAR MEETING
CONTINUATION OF WORK SESSION (if necessary)
* Alternate Public Input Procedures
To participate in public hearing/public input portions of this meeting:
- Dial toll free number (844) 854-2222 and, when prompted, enter the access code for the meeting: 619358#
- You will hear the automated word "Muted" to indicate that you have been added to the queue to share your comments with the School Board.
- While you are in the queue, you will hear the audio feed of the meeting. Please mute the television, computer or other device on which you are listening to the meeting.
- When you hear the automated word "Unmuted," it is now your turn to share your comments with the School Board.
- Participants are reminded that the public input and/or public hearing portions of the meeting are a time for the School Board simply to listen to your comments. The School Board will not respond to comments or answer questions during the public input/public hearing periods.